Saturday, July 5, 2008

Herringbone Braid Pictorial









A herringbone braid is a two-strand braid and it is so easy. The first time I saw one I couldn't imagine how it was done. I played with my daughter's hair forever until I figured it out, it is so very simple. In the picture, it's a french-style herringbone braid. Begin with two sections and add hair from the opposite side into each section, alternating from one side to the other. Once you get to the end of the french-braiding part, when it's time to braid the "tail" just remove small sections from the backs of each side and send them across the front to the other side. Putting it into words makes it sound far more complicated. No worries; I'll be producing a children's hair styling video series soon that will make this far easier!

No comments: