Sunday, July 13, 2008

I dry my hands on my shirt

How pathetic is that? I do it all day long. I never trust that a kitchen towel is clean, so I use my shirt and I have been known to change it a few times during the day.

I think about the apron lady all the time. What a neat hobby. I'm going to keep my eyes open for vintage aprons. Maybe I'll make one. Whenever I get my sewing machine fixed. And learn how to sew.

I think the Dishwashing Diva would probably be the most appropriate apron for me, since I do more dishes than anything. For looks, I like the Cutie Patootie best but I think my bootie might make it end up being a bit... well.. not nearly as cute as the picture. Lucy is the Sky with Diamonds is probably the most practical and cute. I love the patchwork and the quilted/hippy look. I never thought something could be equally Grandma and John Lennon at the same time. My second choice would be Polka Dot Momma. In fact, if I bought that one, I might end up wearing dresses and heels every day, too.

What do you think? We almost entered an apron-making contest in the fair last year. My daughter and my mom made an apron for it at the last minute and ended up not using it. It was cute. Short, if I remember correctly. I found an apron fetish site looking for pictures, that was interesting.

---------------------------------------------
This is just one of Mrs Hannigan's blogs.

5 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Your not alone kiddo...and the sad part is I own an apron even if it's plain white with the "Salad master logo" on it!

Still the laundry is not from all the kids..(blushing)it's those extra tops I change daily into oh well I do the laundry so does it really matter how many times I change?!

The Apron Queen said...

Girl, you gotta quit drying your hands on your shirt! :) Thanks for sharing.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

Kristen said...

Me too. All the time. Until I got an apron. It makes a big difference!

Kama said...

I just started using my sewing machine recently. I made an apron too. Hopefully yours gets fixed soon!

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, I have the same habit, except I wipe my hands off on the hip area of my pants!!